Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Tale of Two Sisters

Some of you already know that my sister lives in Japan, but despite that distance, we are as close as two sisters could possibly be. We are the best of best friends, and to my memory, have been ever since I was in 6th grade and she was in 9th. Amy stuck up for me when one of her school friends was being a bit mean (I don't even remember what happened-- just that she pretty much told her friend to shove it.), and we've never had a cross word since.

We're also constantly discovering that we share secret obsessions (see my posts and our comments on Johnny Weir and Particle Physics for proof of random things we obsess about).

So if you've ever wondered what life in the Land of the Rising Sun is like (don't miss the bust-a-gut mangled English!), how to get started with origami anyone can do, or even how they get kids to eat spinach in Japan, pop on over and see her new blog: YokohamaMama !
I also have a link to it in my sidebar.

And don't forget to scroll down for pictures of 4-year-olds dressed up with sushi hats, singing a sushi song... it's seriously cute overload.
But I think my sister's three kids are cute overload too :-)

7 comments:

Aubrie said...

I have a sister (2 and a half years apart) that's my best friend too! Isn't it wonderful to have someone like that to stand up for you.

ann foxlee said...

It is! I mean, we had our share of "Mom! She's *looking* at me!" moments when we were little, but now we spend hours on video skype... lookin' at each other!
(...and trading Monty Python and Spinal Tap lines, and laughing about how much we love the movie Overboard, and quoting Richard Dawkins, and.... :-P )

B.J. Anderson said...

My sis is my best friend, too. We both write and help each other out with the rejection phase. Lots of ice cream and boo-hooing. :D I'll go check out your sister's blog!

Southpaw said...

Going over to check it out...

lisa and laura said...

We can appreciate close sisters :) Heading over to check her out. I could use some cute overload.

yokohamamama said...

Aw--shucks... now i'm all drawing little circles in the dirt with my toe. Thanks to all to stopped by to read my (feeble efforts at a) blog. I've only just begun!(right--sorry--no singing).

yokohamamama said...

all right--I can take a hint. My word verification for the above post was "dorksho". :))