Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holy Cow! A month? Seriously???

I cannot believe it has been a month since I had a chance to blog. Really, I meant to be much better about this, even with the craziness of the christmas season...
I have excuses, plenty of them, but honestly I just need to suck it up and keep writing--wait, can I make one complaint first? Christmas is plain awful for anyone in the jewelry business. 15 hour days, 7 days a week for a month are NOT fun, and my fingertips have all split. It kinda hurts to type, even!
I ditched work 'early' today and came home at 8, because even though it is Christmas, I just can't continue to let my day job rule my life.

So I came home, turned on the color-changing fiberglass tree my husband Matt bought and put up for me, and looked at my computer for the first time in a month. Matt also just cooked a pork tenderloin (what that man can do with pork tenderloin...wow!), and if a halo suddenly appeared over his head, I would not be one bit surprised.

And now I'm off to try to do a bit of writing, because my best friend is having a bit of surgery tomorrow, and she told me she'd feel much better recuperating if she had some new chapters to read. She always calls to nudge me when I'm not being productive, which is precisely the sort of thing that I need to get myself going. Thanks Angela, the Catholic guilt worked again! I'm writing, I'm writing! ;-P

UPDATE: My friend had her surgery and came through with flying colors. She's a bit loopy at the moment from the pain meds, but she's doing great, plus she's funny to talk to right now ;-P

1 comment:

Southpaw said...

I hope the surgery went well and you had some new chapters for your friend.