Saturday, December 19, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Just wanted to report that I am about three days away from freedom...
I will have five days off starting X-mas eve, so I can finally get in some quality writing time, hooray!!! Then an easy few days of normal hours, and another few days off for New Years (which means even more writing time!)

Whew. I can't quite believe I'm running ahead of my deadlines, but it appears everyone will get their Christmas gifts on time, and at last I will be able to get back to the thing I love, the thing I have been bottling up more and more over the last 8 weeks.

It is strange how much I notice it bottling up. My dreams are more story-like instead of the usual disconnected random mishmash, I keep thinking of new ideas for novels ( I have scribbled them out on scraps of paper at work as best as I can!), and when I lay down to go to sleep my brain won't stop going over scenes in the current novel. That last part, I have to admit, is kind of fun... it's like I have it on a dvd and I'm skipping around to my favorite scenes, which reminds me how much I really love this story!
In that way, this forced writing hiatus is probably good for me, because I am not only dying to get back to writing, but I'm dying to get back to writing this story :-)

Or maybe I'm just trying to look on the bright side because I've finally seen the light at the end of this very long tunnel...

Either way.

2 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Sometimes a break from writing is a blessing in disguise. I love it when I've taken a week or two off and I can't wait to get back to my manuscript. Enjoy!

ann foxlee said...

It's true! Generally, writing breaks = reinvigoration + fresh eyes for editing :-)